“Introduction”

Dear readers,

I’m sure there are so many of us who would give anything to be able to have a few last words with someone they love: whether it be an ex, a family member, or a long lost friend/connection. And that’s the purpose of this blog; to say all of the things that were left unsaid.

Three years ago, I had found the one person I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. I was even planning to move in with her. My things were all packed and ready to go, and I was eager to take that plunge into a brand new life. But after only two short months, it all fell apart. Her actions had forced me to leave her, even though I begged her to do the right thing for us both. But no matter how many ways I tried to get through to her, it never did any good. And now, three years later, I find myself still unable to accept that loss. Mostly, it’s because I can’t understand why she behaved the way she did. But also, I keep wondering if there was more I could’ve done myself. I know in my heart that I did my best, and I tried everything I could think of to help her see where she went wrong. But none of that makes it any easier to move on and start anew; not when I’ve already found everything I was looking for. I spent my whole life hoping I’d meet someone like her. And now that I have, my search is over. Anyone else I could find now would only serve to replace her, and I honestly don’t think anyone can. And in truth, I don’t really want a replacement. All I ever wanted was for her to understand how easily things could’ve been fixed between us, if she had only made an effort.

So, I’ve started this blog as an outlet, to release all of the feelings that I’ve had bottled up for so long. There’s so much I wish I could’ve said, and now I’ve finally decided to do just that. And whether or not she’ll ever see this, I do not know. And whether or not it would even make a difference at all, I cannot say. But there is so much that needed to be said, and that’s what I’m setting out to do. Just writing this introduction has already lifted a portion of the weight I’ve been carrying. And I’m hoping that with each new entry, more and more of that pain will be alleviated. Honestly, I wish I had done this sooner.

— David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear readers,

The Final Straw